Nobuo Uematsu attending Distant Worlds28 Jun 2009 by chaosweapon
From the 9th to the 11th of July, in Seattle, the Seattle Symphony will be organizing a three-day performance of Final Fantasy music called "Distant Worlds". Nobuo Uematsu, who composed most of the music in the Final Fantasy games, will be attending this event. The times of the performance are: 7.30pm on July 9, 8pm on July 10 and 11. Tickets cost $25 each, but to meet meet Nobuo Uematsu at the reception held after the performance you'll need a VIP ticket which costs $100.
Final Fantasy XIV Announced02 Jun 2009 by chaosweapon
In today's press conference, Sony showed new footage of Final Fantasy XIII. After that, Sony unveiled a new Final Fantasy game ie Final Fantasy XIV. Apparently Final Fantasy XIV will be an MMORPG, just like Final Fantasy XI. The logo was shown at the end of the trailer whose graphics were impressive. The game is expected to be released in 2010.
FFXIII at Microsoft E3 Press Conference01 Jun 2009 by chaosweapon
As part of the E3 press conference, Microsoft presented Final Fantasy XIII. There was an English trailer showing the mechanics of the game. Apparently, there will be 4 ATBs which will allow you to perform certain combos. There was also a scene in which Lightning summoned Odin and fought alongside him. Square Enix concluded their presentation by announcing the release date (for the Xbox 360) which will be Spring 2010.
Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary17 Aug 2012 by chaosweapon
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Final Fantasy, Square Enix NA will host a special event at PAX Prime in Seattle. This will coincide with the official event held in Tokyo Japan. The titles present at the anniversary events include Final Fantasy XIV, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy VII (PC), Final Fantasy Dimensions and most probably Final Fantasy XIII-3. People who cannot attend the event will still be able to watch the events live on Nico Nico Live's website.
Final Fantasy VII (PC) Released16 Aug 2012 by chaosweapon
The new PC version of Final Fantasy VII has been available for download from the Square Enix Store since last Tuesday. For now it will cost only €9.99 as a limited time offer. As promised, the game has 36 achievements which are listed below.
Final Fantasy VII (PC) Achievements
• End of Part I: Complete the first part of the game
• End of Part II: Complete the second part of the game
• End of Game: Complete Final Fantasy VII
• Master Materia: Reach the maximum level of any Materia
• Master of Gil: 99,999,999 Gil
• Top Level: Reach level 99 with any character
• Knights of the Round: Get materia Knights of the Round
• Omnislash: Get Cloud's last Limit Break
• Catastrophe: Get Barret's last Limit Break
• Chaos: Get Vincent's last Limit Break
• Great Gospel: Get Aeris's last Limit Break
• Highwind: Get Cid's last Limit Break
• Final Heaven: Get Tifa's last Limit Break
• All Creation: Get Yuffie's last Limit Break
• Cosmo Memory: Get Red XIII's last Limit Break
• Slots: Get Cait Sith's last Limit Break
• Bahamut Zero: Get materia Bahamut Zero
• Ultimate Weapon: Defeat the Ultimate Weapon
• Diamond Weapon: Defeat the Diamond Weapon
• Ruby Weapon: Defeat the Ruby Weapon
• Emerald Weapon: Defeat the Emerald Weapon
• Vincent: Get Vincent on your team
• Yuffie: Get Yuffie on your team
• Materia Overlord: Master all Materias
• Battle Square: Start a battle in Battle Square
• Golden Feather: Get a Gold Chocobo
• Won First Battle: Win your first battle
• Braver: Use Cloud's first Limit Break
• Big Shot: Use Barrett's first Limit Break
• Galian Beast: Use Vincent's first Limit Break
• Healing Wind: Use Aeris's first Limit Break
• Boost Jump: Use Cid's first Limit Break
• Beat Rush: Use Tifa's first Limit Break
• Greased Lightning: Use Yuffie's first Limit Break
• Sled Fang: Use Red XIII's first Limit Break
• Dice: Use Cait Sith's first Limit Break
A Realm Reborn at Gamescom16 Aug 2012 by chaosweapon
Yesterday, Square Enix showed footage of the upcoming Final Fantasy XIV overhaul called "A Realm Reborn". New game features include a drag and drop inventory system, limit breaks and jumping. Also, the introductory part of the game has been altered so that players will be able to learn the game basics as part of their quests and at the same time level up.
According to Square Enix, any machine capable of running the original Final Fantasy XIV should be powerful enough to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. The official release date is still unknown but the beta test is scheduled to start this winter.
Powered by CuteNews